For the frustrated
Los Angeles
Dodgers
fan


> Home
>
News
> Roster
> Features

> DB Gear
> Links
> About DB
> Feedback


 

 



Dodger Blues FAQ

> What's the point of Dodger Blues?
> Who's behind Dodger Blues?
> Will you shut down the site if the Dodgers win it all?
> How did Dodger Blues evolve?
> Can I contribute to Dodger Blues?
> How do I contact you?
> My ass is killing me, what should I do?


Other Stuff

> Press & Plugs (DB in the news)
> Disclaimer / Privacy
> Advertising


> What's the point of Dodger Blues?

Dodger Blues celebrates the futility, disappointment, and humor of the Los Angeles Dodgers. If you look up the word 'celebrate', one of the meanings is 'to honor or praise publicly.' That's all the site is doing: publicly honoring the mediocrity, underachievements, and absurdities of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Dodger Blues is an alternative web site for the true Dodger fan—the one who remembers that Mel Rojas actually pitched for the team. It's for the fan who watches all nine innings, even if they're down by nine runs. It's for the fan who can't wait for the game to start, and once it does, won't stop complaining. It's for the fan who can't understand a damn thing Rick Monday is talking about and wishes he never saved that stupid flag. It's for the fan who hears 'Steve Sax', and immediately thinks of balls sailing into the stands behind first base.

Contrary to the belief of many (most of whom never made it past 4th grade), Dodger Blues is not an anti-Dodger site. And it sure as hell isn't run by Giants fans (although parts of the Fan Forum may be taken over by them at times).

Some people say, "You know, the Dodgers aren't the only team that frustrates their fans." Well, putz, did I say they were? Dodger Blues is here to ease the pain of being a Dodger fan. If your team sucks too, make your own goddamn web site.

back to top

> Who's behind Dodger Blues?

I am. I write the articles, I read your hate mail, I declare Assholes of the Moment, I update the look-alikes (albeit occasionally), and I waste my nights scouring the internet for pictures of Olmedo Saenz eating breakfast. So give me a friggin' break when I don't update the site for a couple days. Dodger Blues is a hobby, not my job or my life. I run the site fairly anonymously because, really, it doesn't matter who I am. All you need to know is that I'm a Dodger fan and I don't make money from the site. (Revenue from ads goes toward maintaining the site... and an occasional beer.)

Dodger Blues is the product of years and years of my frustration. Although I'm a die-hard Dodger fan and very few things would make me happier than seeing the Dodgers win a World Series trophy, their constant failure and mediocrity makes Dodger Blues possible. I have many people to thank for this, among them Fred Claire, Bill Russell, Tommy Lasorda, Bob Graziano, Rupert Murdoch, Peter Chernin, Chase Carey, Bob Daly, Davey Johnson, Kevin Malone, Dan Evans, Jim Tracy, Frank McCourt, Paul DePodesta, Ned Colletti, Grady Little, Greg Brock, and the guy who thought a synthetic warning track was a good idea.

back to top

> Will you shut down the site if the Dodgers win it all?

Let me ask you this: Do you stop craving sex just because you had it yesterday? Ok, maybe not the best analogy. But my point is this: Dodger Blues will be here during bad times and good (if good times should ever come). If the Dodgers win the World Series—the chances of which are pretty slim as long as Ned Colletti is in charge —about all that'll happen is the Gibson clock coming down. And maybe I'll name myself Asshole of the Moment. But the site won't be going anywhere—it's too much fun.

back to top

> How did Dodger Blues evolve?

Dodger Blues as you know it began in October 2001. I'd like to say it was the need for humor in the days following 9/11 that led to the creation of the site, but more likely it was my boredom combined with recurring nightmares about a huge Billy Ashley blow-up doll crushing my apartment.

While the site itself is only six or seven years old, the roots of Dodger Blues go much further back (or deeper down, which apparently is the direction roots tend to go). I grew up in a family of full of Dodger fans—cynical Dodger fans. There was no choice but for me to become one too. I have great memories of guys like Cey, Baker, and Valenzuela, but for some reason my memories of guys like Mark Belanger, Ted Power, and Sid Bream are just as strong. Maybe it was because of notes like this one, which was left by my bedside on the morning of September 2nd, 1982. (I had fallen asleep before the end of the game the night before.)

Jump forward fifteen years or so. By the mid 1990s, with Kirk Gibson's home run nearly a decade in the past, the frustration was mounting. I had three outlets: (1) kicking holes in my dorm room wall, (2) going to games and yelling obscenities at players until some Christian mother in the row in front of me would summon security, and (3) writing letters to the Los Angeles Times.

By 2001, the Dodger organization was in shambles. Davey Johnson was fighting with his own players, Eric Gagne was a skinny piece of crap, and F.P. Santangelo was the Dodgers' big bat off the bench. It was time for action. I dropped $40 to buy dodgerblues.com, and now, well... it's worth like $50.

back to top

> Can I contribute to Dodger Blues?

The easiest way to contribute material is through the perspectives section of the site (although there's no guarantee if and when it'll be posted). While I'd like to have regular contributors, it's too time-consuming to do so. As it is, I barely have the time to update the site every day or two.

back to top

> How do I contact you?

Use the feedback form, genius. Though it's getting increasingly difficult, I make an effort to reply to each email... eventually.

back to top

> My ass is killing me, what should I do?

First, remove the Brian Jordan bobblehead doll from your ass. Second, put it in a plastic bag and throw the goddamn thing away so no one knows what a sick fuck you are. Third, stop stealing your kid's bobbleheads.

back to top

> Disclaimer

The creator of this web site is freely expressing his own opinions, and such opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect those of the Dodgers or Major League Baseball. In fact, there's no way in hell my opinions reflect theirs. In general, this site is meant as a joke. If you don't get the joke, get lost.

The information displayed on this site may not be entirely correct nor do I claim it to be. Whether it's true or not is for you to figure out. And if you're a Dodger fan, it shouldn't be too hard.

All pages throughout this site are property of DodgerBlues.com. If we use anything on this site that has not been given proper credit and/or is incorrect to the extent that may bring up legal conflict, then please contact me with your full name, company and proof of your argument and I will remove the specified content. Any offensive material located on this site that is solely expressed opinion will not be removed without a convincing argument which can be backed legally.

By the way, if you have any sexy photos of players' wives, please send them to me.

Regarding privacy: We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit this web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

back to top

> Advertising

If you're interested in reaching a couple thousand passionate baseball fans a day, contact DB for advertising rates. Advertising is effective, affordable, and better yet, you'll help support the site.

back to top



Home | News | Roster | Features | DB Gear
Fan Forum | Fan Gallery | Links | Feedback | About DB

Copyright © 2001-2009, DodgerBlues.com